Shelllady

Shelllady

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Reunion Sunday

Today was such a gorgeous day! 81 degrees was the high, low humidity, calm winds....absolutely paradise. It wasn't a  really low tide, but on a day like to day it doesn't even matter.  My Shelling buddy, Cheri (yes, that's right, her name is Cheri too!) and I got together midday and walked along my favorite beach for a couple of hours.  The shelling wasn't fantastic, but I had a lot of fun!

We got to see a dolphin slowly swimming along the shore...
I was so busy chatting that I forgot to take very many pics, but we really weren't finding too much anyway.... Cheri found this awesome little crab that had made a 'hat' out of this orange goo.  We both laughed at how he looked like he got a manicure to match!!

We did find a section of beach just into the shallows where there were some buried shells...
and I did find this guy, can you tell what it is?

It's an Alphabet Cone!! They have been such slim pickin's for me, that I'll take what I can get, and see if I can clean him up! ;)  Cheri did find one before this that was in pretty good shape....again, I was too busy talking to remember to take a pic.

I did find one of my favorites, a nice colored Horse Conch...
...On the way back, we both spotted this ark shell rolling in the waves and noticed something was inside it....of course we had to check it out!
Cheri figured out right away what was hiding under those shells! A little Pygmy Octopus!


It was an awesome day with lots of fun stuff to look at!  Tomorrow is shell crafting day, but stay tuned...more adventures on the way!!

::Shelllady Hugs::


2 comments: