Shelllady

Shelllady

Friday, April 1, 2011

Come back Spring!!

"Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella."  ~Terri Guillemets




It has been cold and rainy since Monday here.....I had these pictures in the camera so I thought I would post them in hopes that spring will show up again one day!!


I think I got caught!

Cousins??

Everybody's color is coming in!!
 When Jess was in town last week, we went to the local nursery....we love to plant shop....or look anyway!  I couldn't resist buying some new plants! Unfortunately the sun hasn't shone all week, and it was cold, so they had to stay inside!




My new 'Patriotic' plant

Princess lily

Another Princess lily...never seen one with these leaves!!

I found this beautiful White hibiscus!! It reminds me of Florida...I just had to have it!!  Well, it didn't take long before it wilted so horribly...(it needs water everyday when inside!!) When I took this, I was afraid I had killed it!!




So Sad!!




I managed to get the water to it just in time!!  The flower looks pretty bad, but I believe the plant will bounce back!! If the sun would come out and warm up outside that would help tremendously!!  It's so pretty...pure white with a pink center...never seen one like it.....Makes me wish I was on Sanibel Island!!  :)


I hope you had a fun April Fools Day!  I only played one joke....one of my favorite blogs is "I Love Shelling" (here) she also has a facebook page and today  she posted a pic (from her phone) of a beautiful pear whelk to facebook .....in the background was a shell wrack line (lots of different types of stuff..good place for the really good shells to hide) I commented about the really great shell back in the back, and asked if she got it.......waited a few minutes and posted April Fools!!  I think I tricked a bunch of people who were "cybershelling" in the photo!!  


I have always been afraid that I would take a picture and see something in that picture that I had missed!


Anyway....guess you had to be there!!  I hope you had at least a little sunshine in your life today....we got just a peek before it settled down into the horizon... maybe one day soon I will be able to post pictures of new flowers that all this rain helped!  I'm glad March is finally over!!


::Hugs::
                                                                          

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You got me!! LOL When I do a video sometimes when I play it back, I believe I missed so many other shells...so you got me on this one for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete