Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Full Moon "Day 3"

"The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient.  One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach--waiting for a gift from the sea" Anne Morrow Lindbergh


Today was to be the lowest tide of the week!  When we got up, the Gulf was really rough, huge waves, big enough that many of the kids were out there on their boogie boards!!  I was really concerned that the sandbar wouldn't stop the waves during low tide!

We had another leisurely day, sat out under the umbrella again...I have to tell you, I normally don't do that, but it is so pleasant and relaxing, and I could just sit there and dig my feet in the sand, have a cool beverage and soak it all in....for hours!  I could really get used to this!!

We came in around 6:00 from the beach and Junonia Jim decided to head east this time, I had a phone call to make so would either catch up with him or go back to the west as we had done before....nope...decided to go east and catch up with him, I knew the sand bars came out there first, so maybe it would be calm.  Caught up with him and we walked for a LONG time to find the tidal pools, we did find some things in there, but decided we better shell back since we had so far to go....I decided I would walk all the way back to the west of the condo and hit that tidal pool I had the night before!  To make a long story short, I didn't make it....passed a couple of pools I was not familiar with to go to "the tried and true' place I was familiar with....decided I wouldn't make it, came back only to run out of time!!  How sad is that, what I had gotten earlier was it, on this the last night of really low tide when we could see!  That's what I get for being 'greedy'!!

Oh well, I got lots of exercise, which I do need badly!!  Below are pics of last nights "catch", a video I took of an Ibis....and the secret I told you about!!

Junonia Jim's Florida cone

Today's find

Junonia Jim's Angel Wing!!

My Angel Wing...not perfect, but good enough for me!!

Enjoy the osprey...talk about busy!!

I got one of my favorites....Huge!! I just found it in the tidal pool, partially buried....so many people there I was really surprised he was there!!

Here it is before...I put my lighter there for reference to size:





And here it is 'After' soaking almost 24 hours, could use some elbow grease now:



How about that??  I have to say, I am proud! It's in great shape!!

We slept in again this morning, and may head out to Blind Pass and the lighthouse just to see what is new...maybe I'll post some pics!!  I also see early dinners at Gramma Dots for their famous fried grouper, and Sanibel Grill for Oysters and Quesadillas!! Time is just going by too fast!!

 {::Hugs::}

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!! A huge horse conch and TWO angel wings???

    Sounds like it was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- what a haul. I have yet to find a big shell like that, but I am always hoping.

    ReplyDelete