Shelllady

Shelllady

Friday, April 22, 2011

The party's nearly over!


"At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun."
-Unknown (posted by Blondiemom on Best of Sanibel Captiva Forum)

We sat out on the beach under the umbrella for a couple of hours yesterday, and it was so nice....I took a few pics to share....missed a great photo-op of an osprey with his catch....a fairly large fish...I'm just not fast enough on the trigger!!

Osprey

Plover (?)

Snowy Egret

Snowy Egret

Brown Pelican

Frigatebird

Sandpiper (?)

Kite
 
Last night's shelling was not very good, low tide was around midnight, so it never got very low, the gulf was still pretty 'churned' up from the waves....we got a few things, but with no daytime low tide, it's difficult to find much.  I guess we will watch the high tide lines today!!



 
I guess the party is nearly over, it seems time is so different down here....the first half takes its time, you savor every moment, once you cross that halfway point though time just flies by and before you know it it's time to pack up and go back to real life!!  I think the plan is more beach time, a final supper at Gramma Dots for some of their excellent fried grouper...then I assume I will have to think about packing up some stuff!!  We will leave for the long 2 day drive beginning tomorrow morning.  The Auto train was full, probably because of the holiday weekend, so we will have to drive. I don't anticipate I will have any more shell pics to share, at least until June!!  But you never know!!

{::Hugs::} 

No comments:

Post a Comment