Shelllady

Shelllady

Friday, April 22, 2011

Sanibel Goodbye!!

No Man needs a vacation so much as the person who has just had one!! --Elbert Hubbard

This is our last post from Sanibel....we didn't do any shelling today, just sat on the beach and watched dolphin, sandpipers, people and plovers!!  We even saw an eagle...I didn't have time to get his picture, he was already too far away when I realized it!! We went to Gramma Dots for some fried grouper and homemade chips, and of course had to top it off with my favorite Key Lime pie on the island!! The weather was as near perfect as it could be!!

I did have a little fun on the beach today....Thinking about my Grandbabies!!
XOXO Hailey!

XOXO Chloe!
   I only took a couple more pics of the birds....even the pelican is leaving =(


Brown Pelican

Snowy Plover

I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did....I will continue it from home...maybe Spring has finally sprung there and all my flowers are in bloom!!
{::Hugs::}

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the trip reports! It has been a cold and wet spring this year and they gave me something to smile at. I leave for sanibel in 28 days, so I'll return the favor. Watch for my trip reports on the sanibel island message board. Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how we love the beach, but we never find shells here in California like you find there. I know you'll find lots to write about when you get home :-)
    I talked to Jordan today! He sounded good :-)
    I hope you're having a glorious Easter! I'm sure you're pretty tired from the trip though.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I had to stop by and say "hi" to a fellow sheller! I'm looking forward to following your blog. I have lived in Virginia, and spent lots of time on Va Beach. I too, would love to live on Sanibel, but central Florida is great, too, and I'm between both coasts! I'll see you around!
    Della

    ReplyDelete