Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flocks of Phlox!

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
~Robert Frost


The weather has been so very crazy here, hot one day, cold the next, rain, then wind then sun then rain....over and over!!  My poor flowers don't know what to do!  The phlox have finally begun to bloom, no doubt because they are tired of the weather, and are going ahead with their show anyway!! 





I'm thinking that I may have spring fever....you know that anxious feeling, you want to get something done....anything... but you can't seem to work it out!  A lot is going on....and nothing!!


My poor hibiscus plant!! It blew over and rolled around on the driveway, I got home from work, watered it well and it looked terrible!!  It got invaded by ants, so I left it outside overnight hoping the ants would drown and leave....and it got down to 30 degrees after a 70 degree day!!  I just knew it would be dead when I got home.....but NO!!  It just showed me how tough it really is!  You think maybe there is a lesson here....maybe a message??  Look how beautiful it is...and it has a bunch of buds that will probably bloom tomorrow!!





...and one of my new princess lilies is following suit!!




I got 'shell fever' last weekend and decided to make something special for Easter for my Grandbaby girls, I can't post now, just in case their Mommy will come here, but soon....!  I plan on shipping them this week in hopes that they will travel without incident!  I also started making some other things with the shells, just to try something new!!  I'll post pictures soon.....wow, so many things to try, but so little time to do them all!!


My post is kinda all over the place, but that's how my brain is working these days...last but not least, an update on the tunnel removal at work!!




Change is all over the place....the sight of this destruction continues to depress and confuse us all....this tunnel is a sign of 'the good ol' days' and it's going away day by day.  Congress won't let us go forward, no budget!!  We all may begin our 'forced vacation' Friday night!  Stay tuned!!


I think it's time for a runaway trip to Sanibel.....!!  Nothing like warm water and sunshine to fix anything that ails you!!




::Hugs::

2 comments:

  1. Your weather sounds like ours. It was hot just a few days ago, but today is windy, cold and a little bit of rain too. It's supposed to be down near freezing tonight. I hope my plants survive.
    Your flowers are beautiful.

    Thanks so much for your prayers for my nephew Jordan. He continues to improve.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just catching up, so tell me.... where is that wind tunnel (ex-wind tunnel) ? That is crazy!

    ReplyDelete