Shelllady

Shelllady

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring is still 'springing'!?

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.  ~Roger Miller


I'm still looking around for signs of spring, the weather continues to be up and down, wet and dry, cold and hot.  I guess that means that spring is here and I better enjoy it! :)  I am noticing that a lot of my bulbs are coming up and seeing more and more robins....that is my gage I think....robins mean spring....robins and azaleas!!


Robin Red-Breast as my parents call them!

My only azalea....they are pretty when they bloom!!


When I went out this morning, I heard this wonderful call, very cheerful and happy....it made me happy, even though there was no sun and still a chill in the air.  I searched and searched and finally found this guy up at the top of a maple tree!  I searched through my book and online and have determined it's a Thrasher.  One day I'll think to take a video, and post it here so you can hear what I hear!!



Thrasher


It seems they have passed the budget....at least until next Thursday....maybe that's why he was singing such a cheerful song....!!


::Hugs::

No comments:

Post a Comment