Shelllady

Shelllady

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Every Day at the Beach is Different

This morning on the beach was very different than yesterday. It was a beautiful CLEAR morning, with very little breeze.


I made a bee-line to my 'special spot' and it was completely different, almost like it was gone! If I wasn't familiar with the beach I would have never found it.

No huge shell pile, there were still fighting conchs, but not nearly as many as before. Mother Nature was cleaning up. Time to regroup. I walked a little further and spotted the beginning of a tidal pool! This is actually my favorite type of shelling!
There is so much to see in a tidal pool....a lot of things are alive, which is awesome to see them in their habitat, but you have to walk slowly and look carefully. 
A tiny sea star, so nice to see them alive

Check out this HUGE awesome True Tulip
Such beautiful colors....but he was alive...
Most of the time you find some real treasures....today was that day for me, I found an awesome .... you guessed it....Lightning Whelk! Best one yet this week. I also found a few other goodies. I had to leave a little early, but did pretty well with the time I had, I think.



More pairs, top left are cockles, next to jewel box pairs and the rest are cross-barred venus pair
A wentletrap
I did find a small true tulip
a HUGE mussel pair, the outside is almost neon green with a pearlized interior
I couldn't resist this kitten's paw...it almost looks like a cartoon kittens paw!
I won't be going out early tomorrow, but maybe I'll make it out sometime....stay tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is that tulip - its the largest one I've seen. Too bad it had somebody at home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I did get one that size years ago, but wouldn't mind another! ;)

      Delete