Shelllady

Shelllady

Monday, June 6, 2011

We have eggs!!

No ordinary work done by a man is either as hard or as responsible as the work of a woman who is bringing up a family of small children; for upon her time and strength demands are made not only every hour of the day but often every hour of the night. ~Theodore Roosevelt


We have eggs!! Six of them, I tried to get a good clear picture of them for you to see, but this is the best I could do!!




Here is a pic of the mama, ...My mom was right, it's not a nuthatch, I believe it is a wren!! The picture is long distance so it is really grainy, but you can see her pretty well, she wasn't very happy to see me standing on the porch near her nest!  Hopefully she will get used to us coming and going!!





The Lilies are continuing to bloom, the calla's have joined in now too!!






We call this the VT Calla...Jess got it from a plant sale at Virginia Tech (VT) and it is Maroon and Orange....as it should be!!


And my favorite Gladiola is beginning to bloom!!






The flowers Jess gave me are beautiful...and they are growing like crazy!!


...And check out this dude....I HATE spiders, but this one deserved a picture...you notice I didn't get too close!! :)




The teenagers have been keeping our lawn mowed for us!! This is so funny, the eat a little, plop down, eat a little more, get up, plop back down while eating the whole time!! I couldn't resist taking a video for you to watch too!!








::Hugs::





6 comments:

  1. Great photos and definitely a wren! I found your blog and have really enjoyed reading it -- now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn!! Welcome aboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures but I especially like the ones of the mama bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beauty abounds around your home! I love the video, they are so cute and funny.

    The pics of your flowers reminded me of Katherine Hepburn's overly dramatized line in Stage Door, "The calla lilies are in bloom again. Such a strange flower — suitable to any occasion. I carried them on my wedding day, and now I place them here in memory of something that has died."

    Big fan, of both her and your garden!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those geese are TOO cute! I bet you're packing up at this point. See you in Fla Saturday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so exciting to see eggs!
    ....and get in touch when you are in Sanibel-

    ReplyDelete