Shelllady

Shelllady

Friday, August 17, 2018

Days 7, 8, & 9 ...and a Mini Vacation!

On Sanibel, things have not really improved much, the Red Tide seems to be apparent, sometimes worse than others. The water is still Brown/orange from The releases....
Lighthouse Beach
 The dead fish continue...
I did go further West, up to Bowman's Beach....the water looked so much better....
But I had to immediately head back to the car because the Red Tide was awful....keep in mind, the Red Tide isn't seen, it's in the air, and affects you by a tickle in the throat to bad cough, runny nose, sneezing etc....

Cheri and I walked the beach about the center of Sanibel, my old favorite place, Gulfside City park...there were dead fish all up the beach 
and the Red Tide hit us in places there also...

It's really frustrating and depressing, just trying to understand why this is allowed to continue....So today I decided to try Captiva...reports are that it has been good, so I decided to check it out at low tide this morning....I was in need of a little bit of positive Beach Therapy... The water was very clear....and the color was more like it should be....

I saw birds...!  A Snowy Egret....

 ...I believe this is a Willet...
I got so excited....a Bald Eagle flew over!! (of course I didn't have my camera ready) I loved seeing their feet prints in the sand....
I saw lots of Ghost Crabs....
I did see a few dead fish, but they were from a long time ago....dried out
There was no smell, and no Red Tide! I so enjoyed myself! I took of my shoes, walked the beach barefoot, and even got in the beautiful water! Like a mini-vacation, I need it!

I found a couple of Shiva Shells (The 'door' of a Turban Shell) I love these little guys and have very few!

I found lots of pieces of ZigZag Scallops, we call them Flats....and finally found a perfect one!
Check out the size of this one....it must have been a huge one at one time!
I so enjoyed this! 

On the way back home, Cheri and I decided to meet at the Lighthouse, to look for some minis....and check things out....

Lots of Coquina!.....
and there were amazing thunderstorms brewing in the Gulf....



A slight Red Tide around the point, on the sound side..... It chased me off since it was getting closer and lightning nearby....
I did find a couple of minis....and Wentletraps...
I didn't come home with a Bag full of shells, but I did get a mini-vacation...and always love walking the beaches! Trying to just tell it like it is, not be too negative, but it is so tough to see....

Stay Tuned!

::Shelllday Hugs::













2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No agenda here, just what I see! So Tired of all the misinformation because of money!

      Delete