Shelllady

Shelllady

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Day Three...

We saw so many live Lightning Whelks last night! It's amazing how excited I got to see them!
 The one on the left has the actual Lightning Whelk 'snail' in it, the one on the right has a hermit crab...


There were so many....these are just a very few!

Sand Dollars were everywhere too....in the tidal pool and on the beach....all Live!


Also a lot of King's Crown....so many more now than there used to be in this area....Cheri said there were so many Huge ones in the tidal pools too..

There was some sea creatures (dead) here too....  I have no idea what this guy is....(behind the sea squirts) looked up eel, sea snake, fish etc....
Here's another one of the same....
this poor crab didn't make it, but look at the beautiful colors!
I loved seeing birds! These are the first Pelicans I've seen this trip!
and a Snowy Egret!
The water seemed worse to me, dark, smelly....and there were a few fish on the beach, though the main part of the beach was in pretty good shape...

 The beach had obviously been cleaned up....

It was low tide, so the fish were being deposited as the water went out...


Don't worry....still wearing my scuba boots! Cheri wore her shoes too, saved her feet at least once!

Another interesting find was Tarpon Scales!....We picked up 4 or 5 of them...they make BEAUTIFUL Roses.....on the lookout for more of these!
Gotta make Lemonade out of Lemons, right?! Saw this......a Junonia....
 piece....! ;)
Cheri found the Operculum from a Shark's eye....love these!
and of course, Minis....always looking for minis! Especially Wentletraps!
And I hit a hotspot for Baby's ears! There were many more broken ones! I love these!
The Sunset was Beautiful....I love being on the water for both Sunrise and Sunset....



Look closely, I caught the sun on the horizon, under the pier! see it?
I always gotta snap a shot of the lighthouse.....
I will keep trying to remain positive but informative...these posts have been kinda tough this time! 

We had an amazing thunderstorm last night around midnight....i tried to catch the lightning on film....I didn't do so well, but Cheri caught an amazing shot!


Enjoy, and Stay tuned!!

::Shelllady Hugs::

No comments:

Post a Comment