Shelllady

Shelllady

Monday, June 24, 2013

Super Moon and Super low tides!

“May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.”~Irish Blessing

It was too cloudy to get a good shot of the "Super Moon" but the tides still knew it was there! We had really low tides and the sandbars came out.
We started out the day with more relaxation, it seems we are all getting pretty good at it now! Jess and I went to the pool for a little while, then onto the beach under an umbrella.  
The pool must be salt water, all you have to do is lie back and float! No floats necessary!! Awwwww!

Low tide wasn't to be until 8:30 so we had lots of time to relax before an early dinner at Sanibel Grill. We started out digging with Brad where we ending last night but a storm was threatening and I wasn't getting anything so I decided to venture out and find another place 'closer to home.' Hubby had also decided to look for a new place. The 3 of us ended up in different places digging and Brad remained the victor with the original place. Hubby however came home with 3 alphabet cones!! I just found a few minis and wore holes in the end of my gloves!! Seems I got greedy too soon!! ;)
Brad's Finds
Most of an angel wing, paper figs, sharks eyes and a gaudy nautica! 
Olives, tulips and murex oh my!
Hubby's finds...3 Alphabet cones...REALLY?!

Hubby's Olive was HUGE....as big as a 'standard' sized paper fig!!
I did walk a little and found this HUGE sand dollar in the tidal pool, of course I carefully put him back after his photo shoot!

This sea star was taking a stroll through a tidal pool and was the subject of many pictures by passers by, he was only about 5 inches across and seemed to be in perfect shape!

Jess, Brad and I are going on another adventure on today, hopefully we will have a lot to post for tomorrow!

::Hugs::

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment