Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our trip is winding down....

“Sponges grow in the ocean. That just 'gets' me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.”~Stephen Wright

Today was a sad day, my underwater camera has got issues and won't turn on.  I have done everything suggested in the guide but alas, no luck.  Hopefully I can get it fixed when I get home!! I'm a little blue today, because of that, and of course our vacation is drawing to an end! We will be heading home for the two day drive on Thursday morn! :(

Since I couldn't take my underwater camera out to the beach, I went out with my other camera and snapped a couple of morning pics for you to enjoy.
An early morning Thunderstorm building up
Just after sunrise
We decided to head out to Jerry's this morning for breakfast and then Brad, Jess and I did a little shopping. We went to Pinocchios for some ice cream, it was our first time going there and we had the Sanibel Crunch. We really enjoyed it, though the place was so packed you could not move, inside and out!! It was worth it though!! We came back to the condo and picked up Hubby to go to an early dinner at Sanibel Grill again! 

When we got back from dinner we noticed all kinds of police boats along the beach so Jess and I went to 'investigate'.  There were also police cars on the beach next door at Casa Ybel because apparently a paddle boarder had seen a person far out who appeared to be swimming along and had some trouble and finally went under the surface. The search had to be called off because a tremendous storm came through, but we noticed that the Coast Guard began searching again just before dark while we were doing our 'digging' for shells.  Last word was that the search would resume this morning! Here is the local link  But I didn't see anyone out there this morning, prayers that this turns out okay!!

Shelling was okay last night, though the late low tides gives us much less time to get to digging.
Jess' finds....only 1 alphabet cone this time!! :) She did find some worm shells, pear whelks, and a small kings crown
Hubby found his trusty juvenile fighting conchs and of course a sharks eye 
Brad's persistance has paid off again!! He cleaned up with the most!
I picked up a few things myself,  A large paper fig, pear Whelk , of course lots of olives and a HUGE auger and tiny true tulip and a zebra turban :)

Check out this HUMONGOUS Sharks eye that Brad found! It is ridiculous how huge this is, and it is perfect!! He definitely wins the prize tonight!!
He got both ends of the spectrum and a few in between on the Sharks eyes tonight!
I forgot to mention last night that Jess and Brad invented Shell poker while we were out there digging.  It was a lot of fun to listen to them challenge the other for shells! One would find a shell (or something in their net), call it out, and the other had to "meet" that item and raise them another item from the same scoop! It was a lot of fun to watch, and was amazing the things that could stump the other!! They continued the game tonight!! A lot of fun was had by all of us!!

One last report tomorrow, or late tonight as we are heading out early tomorrow (Thursday).  We plan on having one more adventure today, though the pics won't be as plentiful as they have been :( I will keep you posted!!

::Hugs::

Cheri

4 comments:

  1. Cheri
    Wow on the sharks eye!! It seemed to be looking at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys continue to impress with your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that shark eye is HUGE! Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing sharks eye. Wow! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete