Shelllady

Shelllady

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!!


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
~John Fitzgerald Kennedy





My Cousin Zeke Vanderpool just arrived home to his family yesterday from another tour of many, many months in Iraq.  I would like to Honor and Thank him, my Dad and all other Veteran's today.....AND everyday!! They just do their job because it is what they do, and Thank You seems so very little to say!! Someone once came up to my Dad and thanked him for his service and shook his hand, Daddy calmly responded, with no hesitation "My Pleasure"!! How about that?!! I think that is awesome!! Think about what a veteran's job is, what it entails, and how far it could go!!  I bet most of us, who are not Veterans wouldn't say 'my pleasure' for doing our jobs!! Think about that!!  

Please take a little time today to say a prayer for our troops, past and present, and for all the Veteran's who have protected this great Country!!




Happy Veteran's Day!!


Thank YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment