Shelllady

Shelllady

Monday, November 7, 2011

Birds in Paradise

A wonderful bird is the pelican
His bill will hold more than his belican.
He can take in his beak
Food enough for a week,
But I'm damned if I see how the helican.
~Dixon Lanier Merritt
 
It's another beautiful day in paradise!!  Like I said earlier, Hubby and I slept in until about 7:00 and headed to Jerry's for breakfast....you know....Morning BLT with the world's best hash browns and Hubby got....you guessed it, Cakes and Eggs!! It was scrumptious as usual!! 
 
We came back to the Condo and put up Hubby's new umbrella!  (His birthday is Nov. 18th) so we are celebrating it a little early since he will be on travel for his birthday!  I gave him a new 8' beach umbrella and a shell scoop....so we just had to celebrate early!!  My Mom and Dad gave him cash with a coupon for Hungry Heron, so we had to spend that first thing, plus get points on the coupon for more discounts!! Thanks Mom and Dad...I feel like it was my birthday too!! :) 

The weather here is awesome!! Mid-80s low humidity...I don't think it could be more perfect!!  Here are some pics from around our condo at Ocean's Reach and the Beach...enjoy!  I put a video at the end, keep in mind, I'm not a professional...my hand is much too wiggly!!
 
 There's just something about the birds around here....!!
Naptime at the pond!!
Snowy Egret and Ibis
Something in the water 'spooked' this Egret about the time I snapped the picture!!

 

The BIRDS!! So many varieties

I love this guy....looks like he's bald!!  He's a Royal Tern.

I believe this is a Ruddy Turnstone!

I think this is a Sanderling

These are from the Mango trees....they are also called "Pencil Plants"

Closeup of a pencil plant

Brown Pelicans


Our finds for the day! Not a lot, but still fun!!
Hubby's catch

My catch
A juvenile fighting conch, Keyhole limpet, 2 Wentletraps and a paper fig
 
 Enjoy your Day!! More tomorrow!!
 
::Hugs::
Cheri
 

4 comments:

  1. Meanwhile, back in Bleaskburg, I had to scrape the car this morning before class. But now it's 64 degrees outside!

    It sounds like you're having a blast down there in paradise! Love you both!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos! I see some really nice shells too. What beaches are you hitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics...I love the pelicans! You have found some awesome shells! The tulip, and paper fig caught my eye immediately. Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    We are staying at Ocean's Reach (next to Gulf side city Park (Algiers)) so we always head east toward Sundial. Shelling not GREAT, but it'll do! :) It's better than the shelling at home!! :}

    ReplyDelete