Shelllady

Shelllady

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Another Live Adventure and Mini day!

Team Cheri headed back out this morning on another adventure with hopes of finding some more minis. Of course we can't resist the live stuff while we are searching. We ran across this Spider Crab that decided to try being a blonde...
Cheri found this awesome Live Brittle Star..
And this small Two spine Sea Star...isn't he beautiful?
I did find an Alphabet Cone this time.....if only the skeleton! 

I thought this was neat because you can see the different layers of the cone.

After the tide started rolling in, so did the minis. A beautiful little Shark's eye, an Auger, a Tinted Cantharus and a Ribbed Cantharus and of course a Coquina pair.  There were not nearly as many Coquina or minis out there today...
I found this freak Button shell, of course I couldn't resist taking it with me!

I also found a LIVE Wentletrap, it's hard to see in the picture, but he is a chocolate brown and it shows through the spirals...very pretty!

He's happily swimming around in the Gulf now...
 The sunrise was beautiful as usual this morning, though we didn't see the sun until it was higher this morning because of a cloud bank...


A peek into the pill bottle shows that I found a few more Wentletraps today to add to my jar at home....at this rate I might just fill it up one of these days.
I found a few more minis also... The one at the bottom, I thought was a micro mini Sundial, which is rare in this area, Cheri suggested it might be a button, and based on the markings, I think she is right! So tiny...this is the top...
 Here is the bottom....

Here are the additional minis I came home with today....these are the Bigger ones! :)  I hit the jackpot with Shark's eyes of all different sizes...
So Stay Tuned, Another Adventure tomorrow!!

::Shelllady Hugs::



2 comments: