Shelllady

Shelllady

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Last Days in Paradise

My time in Paradise has very quickly come to an end, and though there was not much beach therapy, as the parking remains closed (until tomorrow), I did get in a few walks for some therapy! This time I tried Bunche Beach in Ft. Myers...it's a beach on the Mud Flats and almost always guarantees some sort of an adventure. You never know what you are going to see! I saw several young Live Kings Crowns....
I was fortunate to find a couple that were empty! I think they will clean up beautifully!

There must have been hundreds of live Marginella!!! These guys are about the size of a large lemon seed just to give you a reference.
My friend Cheri, the Bird-nerd loves to go here to see the birds....it seems to be a favorite stopping point for them during migration.  During one of our previous trips, she introduced me to Bunche, a White, Reddish Egret....he has a transponder on him so they can follow him.  He was there when I was...
Meet Bunche...


If you look closely you can see the transponder on his back.... today he had a youngster with him....also with the unusual White color....and somewhat feisty toward Bunche...I wonder if he is one of his younguns....would be interesting to find out!!

I found quite a few Rose and also White Tellins during this evening walk...
One morning I hit Captiva at Turner Beach....and look what I found!!
Turtle tracks!!!

I was so excited! It wasn't marked so I called the local Turtle people and let them know, I'm hoping it was actually a nest! I can't wait until I get to be a turtle person!!

The water here has been absolutely beautiful...nearly that Caribbean Blue you hear about....and crystal clear!!


Once again, I have spent a lot of my time Painting  and hiding shells....it also is addicting and so fun!! 




Hopefully I will be back before too long, I hope that you and your families will stay safe and healthy!! 

Here's a little Beach Therapy for you to enjoy!!!


Stay Tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful painting I wished I found one of your paintings glad you had a good time come back soon

    ReplyDelete