Shelllady

Shelllady

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Beach Therapy May 2020

I hope this post finds you and your loved ones in good health. Like you all, Hubby and I have been quarantined since Mid March, my Mom is on lock down in an assisted living place, and we have been learning the new normal.  After days of cold, rain and then hot, then cold again with no light at the end of the tunnel as Virginia remains in a complete lockdown, Hubby and I decided to head to our other home in Florida where things are slowly opening up.  I have done a LOT of shell painting during these couple of months and spreading those was also cancelled until this week!!! 

So today I started spreading smiles with shells on our favorite island, Sanibel!! I painted 2 shoeboxes full of these guys during this quarantine!!! Here's a few examples!

After spreading a few at some favorite spots, I went on a long slow therapeutic walk on the beach!!

There were lots of birds,
Bathtime!!
I even saw a cow nose ray.....look in the circle!
can you see him in that crystal clear water??

This is turtle season on Sanibel, there were soooo many nests! See the track?
This nest was too close to the water....
on my way back up the beach, the turtle folks had moved it up above the high tide line! Hopefully that will be me one day!!

The shelling wasn't great, I managed to restock some of my collection of shells to paint, found this perfect tiny Nutmeg....

and this beautiful Scallop....the picture doesn't do it justice....so Bright!!
Pardon the swollen hands....I got to get back into shape, plan on as many of these walks as I can do!!! (If I can walk tomorrow). ;)

Facebook videos of the beach has really helped me during this down time so I thought I would add on to it.....so peaceful! Turn up the volume and listen to it all....guaranteed to make you relax!!!!



Stay Tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shells Cheri, bowman's beach is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys have made it back down and your painted shells are totally beautiful! We'll be there in a few weeks and I simply cannot wait! Looking forward to your next post :)

    ReplyDelete