Shelllady

Shelllady

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Beach Therapy Time Again!

Hubby and I decided if we had to continue on quarantine, we'd do it in the Sunshine State....at least for a couple of weeks. The water is so clear and beautiful here with that greenish-turquoise hue. Just makes you say ahhhhhh! 

As I have said many times before, the shelling isn't great but the beach walks are awesome! Team Cheri got back on track (of course with social distancing) and headed out for some long beach walks.

I did find one of my favorite shells, in my favorite size...Love the color on this one!


Cheri found what we think is a wedding shell, (shells that were bought and put out as decorations for wedding... but maybe not, still a beauty! We think it is a juvenile Eastern Murex.
Tonight we saw a lot of live things...love to see this!!

Cheri saw this Sea Hare up on the beach....I love these guys!...
He just swam away so gracefully....
They have large wings a look like a butterfly under water....I'll get a video next time!

The trees had lots of Live Barnacles and Periwinkles...


There were sea stars...both on and under the sand....
 and lot s of large live Sand dollars...

Check out the pattern on this one....


 We found another Sea Hare further up the beach....the coloring on him was amazing! We tried to get him to open his wings, but he was stubborn!
 He almost looked like he was posing for me in this pic...

and who could resist picking up a baby on the beach??

It was such a beautiful evening....and, as always, GREAT Therapy!

Stay tuned....

::Shelllady Hugs::

1 comment: