Shelllady

Shelllady

Friday, October 12, 2018

Home Again in Paradise...

We are back home, in Ft. Myers! We actually arrived on Sunday, but have been pretty busy, so I will have to catch you up on our trip.  I'm going to do it a little differently, posting today's trip first....then catch you up with the last 2 days in another post later....Because today was an awesome day! 

 Most days here are, of course, but today team Cheri went out on a real adventure! We went to Marco Island and got on the Hemingway Water Shuttle. They dropped us off at Tigertail beach for a couple of hours....
There were tons of shells all over the beach....pushed up by high tides due to Hurricane Michael passing by us in the gulf...


Lots of Sunray Venus pairs.... with beautiful color....
Both sides of an Orange Scallop...
Lots of nice size Shark's eyes....you guys know I can't pass them up!

Nice Nutmeg...

Cheri found an Apple Snail with a Hermit crab in it!
It had been painted!
I saw several Live Olives....I love these guys!

There was an amazing shell pile....Cheri kicked around in it and found part of a nice dark Junonia!

I found a couple of Flats...(Zigzag Scallops)

And a live TINY Sea Urchin...
After a couple of hours, The 'shuttle' came by and picked us up and headed out to another island, Keewaydin. On the way, we found several small pods of Dolphins with babies!! I never got a really good picture, but it was so fun to watch!

Keewaydin didn't have those huge shell piles, but it had a nice long beach for some great therapy....and a few treasures, like this double Jewel Box...he was alive so he went into the Gulf....
 SCORE! Finally found a nice Alphabet cone! They have been few and far between lately!

 I had to take a pic of the cool pattern on this FFC (Florida Fighting Conch)
And this has to be the ugliest Alphabet cone I have seen (sorry about the bad photography!)....but it came home with me anyway!! ;)
Cheri found a nice Alphabet Cone also!
 ...and a Flat!
I found so many pieces of Flats....beautiful colors! Finally I found a whole one!
Mahogany colored!
...And I have to mention the birds....so glad to see birds! 

Cheri snapped these awesome picture of a Bald Eagle pair with her amazing Camera and Lens! 

First They appeared to be hugging....

Then he just flew away!!!


I think we did pretty well shelling....the therapy was Awesome!
here are my finds for the day...
 Purple Semeles, Cones, Horse Conchs, Flats...
 Worm shells, Jingles, Scallops, Olives... Fun!
The day ended as pretty as it began...Cheri snapped this awesome picture of the Sunset tonight on Sanibel....
Stay tuned....I'll catch y'all up!!

::Shelllady Hugs::






No comments:

Post a Comment