Shelllady

Shelllady

Thursday, November 3, 2016

My Cup Runneth Over!

This is a cup of tiny coquina pairs, all open....they were rolling in the surf on a flat...a couple of scoops and I had a cup full and more!

It started out a beautiful day, with a beautiful sunrise...

I was enjoying the sunrise, birds and talking with a fellow sheller, just after the sheller turned back, I looked down and saw this! (I was so excited that I dug it up before I took the pic....the only thing showing was the center part at it's widest point)
To repeat, from an earlier post...VOILA a Horse Conch!!
 ...and he was empty!
I believe it is the largest one I have gotten!! How about this for the first find of the day? He measures right at 13 inches long, Woohoo!!




I continued walking while carrying this guy and found the smallest things I have seen!
From one extreme to the other! A tiny little worm shell...
A tiny scallop, olive, lighting whelk and button shells...
Three tiny wentletraps, a sharks eye and another tiny lightning whelk
 and a beautiful perfect little Baby's ear...

Such an unusual day, Big and Little...and of course there was a little bit of "in- between"... do you see it?
 A beautiful Lighting Whelk....
While walking back, I got to see a dolphin sluggishly playing and grazing for his breakfast...

I ended the day with a few banded tulips, lightning whelks and a bright orange fighting conch...the shells with the centers missing are called sailors ears, I crush them up and use for shell hash on crafts.
The fighting conchs were pretty plentiful, I watched a lady this morning that had a bag and a bucket FULL of fighting conchs and cockles...she was so excited, she was going to "pull out her dremel tool and make a wind chime"! She also had found a large horse conch...she sat down on the beach and rested then headed back where she was staying with both hands more than full....but she stopped several times, put down her towel so she could pick up 'just one more'!! 

I know that feeling, Don't you?? :)

Stay tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::


6 comments:

  1. OMG My heart is pounding for you at that conch! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I'll post some 'after' pics when it's all cleaned up! I hope it has good color!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome finds! Thanks for sharing!����

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What beach did you find all these beauties on?

    ReplyDelete