Shelllady

Shelllady

Saturday, November 12, 2016

A Relaxing Veterans Day

I decided to try the afternoon tides again, it wasn't very low, but the walk was amazing as usual! The water again was very clear, honestly I can't think of one thing negative to say about this place or the weather!

I saw this guy running around under the surf in water a little over knee deep, and couldn't resist the opportunity for a photo op! It's a hermit crab in a Pear Whelk!
The shell is covered with all kinds of things, including barnacles and carrier shells, click on the pic to enlarge it and check out his eyes! 

I think I could have filled my bag up with Fighting Conchs! I was picking them up by the handful! 

Some, of course were pretty beaten up, but there were tons that were just beautiful.  I, of course, already have too many, but I couldn't resist digging around them to see what else was with them.

You could see them partially buried through the clear water...



I found this bright orange Banded tulip....
And this tiny little perfect Horse Conch...
On the walk back, I found this beautiful Gaudy Nautica... (sorry, the incoming wave in the background took the focus away!) ...
...and this Nutmeg for my son-in-law Brad.



UPDATE: I finally got the Large Horse Conchs cleaned up... It turns out that Hubby's Horse Conch was an Albino! How cool is that? It has a little bit of color near the tip...

I think this has been a GREAT trip for Horse Conchs, don't you?
All shapes, sizes and colors.


Stay tuned, I have a few more posts that I guess I will make after we get home, today is our last day. :(  

It's been such a wonderful and relaxing trip, I believe November is my favorite time of year here, the weather has been perfect, every single day!

Stay tuned...

::Shelllady Hugs::


2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! I definitely need to try November sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's my most favorite! The weather is phenomenal and the shelling is usually pretty good....actually, between Late October and Late April, it's all good!

      Delete