Shelllady

Shelllady

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Catching Up....then Goodbye

I have been on most of the beaches the past few evenings during low tide...the shelling hasn't been crazy good, but the therapy is wonderful! Team Cheri is going to take a hiatus for a little while, as Cheri left early this morning for her 'other' home...so let me catch you up!  We tried out Blind pass on Sunday evening and the waves were pretty impressive....Cheri is still 'schooling' me on shelling the waves....I did manage to snag a few things....so she is training me well.....
She found this awesome 'Freak' Lightning Whelk....
And of course the Trainer did well too! We were in the waves so the camera was tucked safely on shore...so this is it for pics for this trip!
Cheri was busy getting ready to leave on Monday & Tuesday so I went out to several beaches....walked a tidal pool mid island....very windy and pretty barren...but did find this awesome live Sand Dollar....then back into the pool he went!




Went back to Blind Pass on Tuesday the water appeared crystal clear but the Red Drift Algae made it impossible to see....unless you went behind it.....nope... not doing that!
So I went down to the Lighthouse for some minis.... Sooooo Windy! There were these kite guys right along the beach, in fact I got chased away a couple of times thinking I was gonna get hit!
There is a new family of Osprey in the Chimney of the Lighthouse building....they were very active and VERY vocal!
I did manage to find some minis....see the Wentletrap? ...and some therapy.....
Last night was Cheri's last time to see the sunset, so she invited me to go along! There was an amazing little tidal pool on the beach...
I managed to get a Shark's eye, couple of Olives, and a tiny Pear Whelk
Can you see it?  
Nice piece of a Lion's Paw....one day I'm going to find a whole one!
I noticed a lot of the shells had some vivid colors! Check out this amazing Oyster Drill!
Cheri found Sharks eyes, Florida Cone, Horse Conchs, and Double Jewel box
....and look at the color on this cockle! So vivid! The pictures doesn't really do it justice!
...I found this HUGE Apple Murex...
Amazing Spikes on this Jewel box!
Cheri was the Nutmeg whisperer last night....she found them in all different sizes and colors!...and she always finds the Wentles and Olives!
This would have been REALLY Awesome if it had been all there....a nice piece of an Alphabet Cone!
This guy, with all these shells on him was walking around the tidal pool floor.....

He started losing the shells as he sat in my hand.....
 That's it....a live Sea Urchin...I love these guys!
See what I mean about colors?? Look at the colors on this Kings Crown!
Cheri picked up a bunch of minis....Drills an amazing tiny Carrier Shell, a tiny Turrid, a couple of Nassas...or are they Dog Whelks?, and of course another tiny Wentletrap...
Cheri's final Sunset did not disappoint! Such a beautiful place...doesn't it just make you go Ahhhhhhhh!!?
Cheri snapped this pic of my shelling until the very last moment!....I thought this was awesome!
So I will be solo for the few days I have left, the tides aren't great, but I'll try to keep the adventures coming! Stay tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::

No comments:

Post a Comment