Shelllady

Shelllady

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Birding AND Shelling!

We headed to the lighthouse on Sanibel last night and it was low tide which made a nice wide beach, with LOTS of people and BIRDS!





They were all the way down the beach....so Many birds of all kinds...and so much fun to watch!  Cheri calls herself a 'Bird Nerd' and she had her amazing camera with her, so she was looking up mostly and snapping some awesome pictures....she did pick up a few things and put them in MY bag!! How lucky am I?!

I did find a few treasures, not a lot, but the beach therapy NEVER disappoints, love walking in the tidal pools and looking at it all! The fun is in the hunt, right?

Sometimes you have to Look closely....
and you might get lucky!...a nice sized Lightning Whelk...

Make that TWO!
I spy a tiny little True Tulip....

A nice little Wentletrap....

And a Tiny little Sanddollar....about the size of a dime....so I guess it's a sanddime...right?!
If you look closely you'll see the crack in it, it broke when I picked it up! :(
Looking for minis I found this colorful little Sharp ribbed Drill....
There was other life out there too....a live Auger was making his way across the tidal pool....
and this Cockle was hiding right next to it....
Surprise!
Don't worry, I covered him back up!

Cheri found this LIVE Baby's Ear....a first for me! So glad to see a live one....go forth and multiply!!!
Is this a Sea Cucumber???
LOL it's actually a pickle someone left!!!....couldn't resist! :)

These Snowy Egrets joined the groups of birds on our way back up the beach...I love these guys and the Pelicans!
I managed to find a few minis (Thanks Cheri)....

...all in all another GREAT day in paradise!

Stay Tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::















1 comment:

  1. Looks like great times! So happy to see you again and congrats on your new grandson. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete