Shelllady

Shelllady

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sending More Warmth and another Beautiful Day!

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.  ~John Muir

Another beautiful day in paradise!! It was a little warmer this morning and the sunrise was beautiful!!




We headed to Ocean's Reach to check out the sandbar I told you about yesterday, and Hubby only found one horse conch on it!! I guess their day to visit was Monday the 17th of February....today they are somewhere else! As you know, it changes every day!!

Today there were small mounds of tiny shells, we found lots and lots of minis, in most cases they are much more beautiful than those big old shells!


You can't really tell, but this lace murex is very small....and so intricate....look at that 'lace'!!
Hubby found a place just off the shore on the new sandbar that had lots of buried shells so most of today was spent digging!! We filled our bags much fuller today!
All our finds for today 
Hubby's finds
My finds 
Lots of minis!! look at that tiny Keyhole limpet!! (Jess usually finds those!) 
I dug up a paper fig and this tiny winged oyster!! Don't know how they do it without getting broken
Even tiny shark's eyes 
Hubby wins the prize for today by finding this HUGE perfect Angel Wing while digging!!
This little sharks eye is less than 1/4"!!! 
I couldn't resist this fighting conch with the sharp points and beautiful neon orange inside!
I got so interested in the shelling I was startled by a dolphin who apparently came out of the water right close to me!! I did manage to snap his picture as he came up one more time, wish I could have got a shot of him in the air!!!
There were apparently plenty of fish there, this Commerant was fishing there too!!

One more shot of the sunrise on the beach....just for some added warmth sent your way!! :)

We headed back home to our place in Ft. Myers about 9:30 and could not believe the traffic!! Yesterday it went from Jerry's to the intersection of Periwinkle and the causeway, with some breaks.  Today it went from Jerry's to BEYOND the toll booth...I have no idea where all these people were trying to go!!! They were backed up and STOPPED at the toll booth!!! The Lee Way Pass was no advantage today!!! I'm glad we were leaving!!! I don't know how many miles that is...it was crazy!!!

On Periwinkle 
going up the bridge on the causeway

Most of these guys were stopped!!

We have been noticing lots and lots of fish in the pond behind our condo and I finally managed to get a pic of some of them, I think there must be some type of carp, blue gill, or bream and I think I saw a good sized Bass too!!!  You can see 'beds' out in the pond so it must be season for them!! I think there are already hundreds of them out there...it's fun to watch them!!
Carp? This guy is pretty big!!
So many fish!! 
I think this is either a bream or some sort of sunfish, he's not long and skinny as he appears!
Here is one of their 'beds'...they are everywhere!!!
I hope this has helped warm you up....it was a balmy 82 degrees today and clear as a bell!!

Hubby enjoyed watching the birds and fish.....with a glass of wine this evening!!! Doesn't he look relaxed...and WARM!!!
I love this pic, the most relaxed he has looked in a long time!!! <3


More tomorrow!!

::Hugs::

Cheri


3 comments:

  1. Oh that traffic is crazy!! Love all your shells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of that sun and warm air! And fish, birds and shells. Looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete