Shelllady

Shelllady

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy Trails

“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” 

~Edward Abbey


The shelling in the tidal pool last night was AMAZING!! There were so many things to see, pictures to take, and yes there good shells too!! Hubby won the prize by finding a huge beautiful Lightning Whelk...with no inhabitant...and an Angel Wing!! I came in to a close second with another Alphabet cone...this one was in much better shape and had beautiful color!! There was quite an array of different shells!!

Shark's eyes, Pear whelks, Paper figs, Tulips, Fighting Conchs, Apple murex, Horse conch minis....all kinds of finds!!
Olives, Augers, Scallops.....Check out the size of that Lightning whelk!!
Hubby's whelk
Top View...it's Beautimous!!
Inside
Angel Wing!
Alphabet cone
Paper Figs
Fighting Conchs...one is less than perfect!!
Top: Buttercup cockle, Left: Pear Whelk, Right: (My Favorite) Horse Conch or Florida Conch...they grow to as big as 2 Feet Long!! The biggest one here is about 3/4-1 inch!!

 I spent a lot of time taking pictures of all the activity in the tidal pool! As I said before, to me it is the best shelling! You have to learn to walk slowly so you don't kick up the sand, while also being aware that there are LOTS of living things there! I got interested in the trails left by the different things in the pool....here are just a few!!

Urchin Trail
Banded Tulip Trail
Fighting Conch Trail
2 Olives Trails
Another Olive Trail....I think he's getting dizzy!!
A Very Confused Olive!!

 The colors in the sky were amazing....the perfect end to another day in paradise!! 





I Love this Place!! :)

 More tomorrow!!

 

::Hugs::


Cheri

 

**Sorry this post looks so different...Blogger has decided to do it's own editing!!

3 comments:

  1. You always find the most amazing shells. The lightening whelk is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! Man oh man you found some great shells. I'm totally drooling over those paper figs...I have one! Keep on shellin'! Those trails in the tidal pools are so cool. Such a great post! Have fun Cheri ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe! WOW! What amazing finds! Enjoy your week...wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete