Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We Have Teenagers!


Have you ever thought about all the ways ducks and geese are integrated into our sayings?
Goose bumps
What's good for the goose is good for the gander
DUCK!!!! (lower your head)
Silly goose
Like a sitting duck
Waddle like a duck
Lucky duck!
A quack (bad doctor)
Get your ducks in a row
Goosed (pecked in the rear)
Don't get your feathers ruffled (any bird)
Let it roll like water on a duck's back
The goose that laid the golden egg
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck
Like a duck out of water
Like a duck takes to water
Loose as a goose
Wild goose chase
His goose was cooked  
Bottoms up!
Just Ducky
Take a gander--to have a look at something



All the Goslings and Ducklings are growing up so fast around here!! We have been very lucky, the total number has not reduced all that much!  They are all what we call 'teenagers' it comes so fast....they'll be out on their own having their own babies before you know it!! :)


Teenagers....the middle one looks like he has on galoshes!!


Growing up....so ugly he's cute

imitating mom! Almost as big as a duck! All 3 teenagers and Mom and Dad spent so much time eating the grass in our front yard....we won't have to cut the grass this week!!

Mom(or Dad?) is eating.....and watching!

Mom and baby ducks...they're teenagers too! All born about the same time, just before Mother's Day!!

Bath Time!!

The replanted princess lilies seem to be doing okay!!

The other lilies are starting to bloom in all the gardens!

Look at the size of this bloom!! It's a small tree but will have as many as 15-20 of these blooms on it...it's so pretty....reminds me of Sanibel Island!!

The premature Glad is about done!!
I thought I would take a couple of videos of the Ducks and Geese to share with you...it's almost like being here!!














::Hugs::

(Sorry about the look this time....Blogger is having issues!)





4 comments:

  1. Oh, the goslings are adorable! My sister lives in a complex that has a rather large manmade pond. Last year there were ducklings everywhere and this year — not one single one. They can't figure out why they only have a few ducks this year.

    I know you won't be surprised to learn that I love hibiscus. I can't remember if it was at a nursery or a botanical garden a few years back and they had a variety they called "Dinner Plate." I swear those blooms were as big as my head!

    Have a wonderful weekend. Are you counting down the days to your next Sanibel trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hibiscus too....have a garden just for them, and lose them every winter....the good part is I get new ones every year!! :) My mom has one of the Dinner Plate Hibiscus...it's HUGE!

    I haven't started counting days yet...we leave for the 2 day drive on June 10th.....My hubby will start with the "2 weeks from today" (which is tomorrow) we will be sitting on the beach.....Then one week etc...so I just keep on working and don't look at the calendar....it will slow down the time!!
    You have a great weekend too!! Hug a veteran if you know one!!....or if you don't!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The goslings, and ducklings are so cute! I love baby animals! If I had the space I would probably have a small zoo. As it is, 2 dogs, a cat and a fish pond, and aquarium are plenty for my small home.

    That yellow hibiscus is gorgeous! The lilies are sweet too, but wow, that hibiscus does remind me of Sanibel, and tropical spots I love. My hibiscus is red...I need other colors, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hibiscus are gorgeous! I want a shirt with those on it!

    Would you email me - I have to talk to you.
    busybee2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete