Shelllady

Shelllady

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Happy 2020!!

We made it back down to our favorite getaway in Ft. Myers on Sunday. Yesterday was spent at Shellcrafters, but today was time for some Beach Therapy! Low tides are EARLY in the morning, so Team Cheri was out there in layers of clothes since it was a tad Chilly....Florida Chilly anyway!  As soon as we walked onto the beach Cheri found this huge Alphabet Cone!
How about that to start your day?!!

Just up the beach a bit, I found another piece of a Junonia....one day a whole Junonia will find me!;)
This week is to have some pretty good low tides, so tidal pools are beginning to show up...it is my favorite type of shelling!

I also found an albino Fighting Conch....
also some favorites....Shark's eye and Horse Conch
 Olives and Tulips have been pretty easy to find on my recent trips...

I did finally get an Alphabet Cone....not perfect but I kept it!
....this one is MUCH better!


Cheri found another one also....

that's 4 cones for the day! Pretty Awesome I'd say, for our Debut adventure this time!
Cheri also found a pretty nice chunk of a Lion's Paw....very rare in these parts, especially that size!
She also snagged this neon orange Florida Cone, bouncing around in the surf...
and a nice sized Horse Conch!
Todays strangest find was this vertebrae....not sure what it is from, but interesting all the same!


I was pleased to see many live things out on this morning....
Patrick the seastar Greeted me as soon as I stepped in the tidal pool....
There were several live Sea Urchins....this guy is trying to disguise himself with shells...
Lots and Lots of live Scallops....
I love these guys....they have usually pretty lively, swimming around the tidal pools....Look closely....do you see several eyes along his shell line?! 
I thought I had really hit the jackpot when I saw this beauty.....beautiful color!
But he was alive....which is a good thing! Their bright orange body always amazes me!
There must have been billions of larger Coquina out there, had to take a video of them moving around in the tidal pool...



Can't resist snapping a shot of this Great Blue Heron....Beautiful Birds!
We did get to see a colorful sky before we left....
My finds for the morning....
along with some shells to paint, and a few dead sea urchins we collected for the Shellcrafters....
Cheri showed me a beauty that she found on Christmas Eve...out there at the crack of stupid with her Hubby.....a BEAUTIFUL Big Ol' Scotch Bonnet....
...have you ever seen anything so beautiful...see all this searching really Pays off sometimes!!

Happy New Year to you and your Families!!!
Stay tuned we'll have some great adventures to start out the new year!

::Shelllady Hugs::


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day! Just listening to the waves in the background of your video is music to my ears!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo envious! Beautiful, beautiful and thanks for sharing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the crack of stupid 😂 love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stole that phrase....feels pretty appropriate! ;)

      Delete
  4. I think your vertebrae is from a shark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always love hearing of your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete