Shelllady

Shelllady

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Therapy in the Wild

The shelling hasn't been great, but the therapy has been fantastic! Ive spent lots of time with the Shellcrafters, and Team Cheri got together for some nice LONG beach walks this week, and we have throughly enjoyed the wildlife!...First we had early morning low tides and we came across this Cane Toad....It's hard to tell by this picture...but they are HUGE!
As I said earlier, the shelling isn't great...but I never pass up a chance to pick up a Shark's eye...

or to catch the sunrise...

I also found an Albino Fighting Conch.... 
that had some beautiful orange hidden underneath!
It seems that Orange was the color for this day....
We found a few other treasures too...
The lowest tides have now switched to the evening, so we hit the beach last night, before sunset.... 
we both saw a seahorse in this piece of driftwood....do you? Look closely!

Cheri will be doing turtle walks this year....she is so living the dream!! When I finally make Florida my home, that is definitely what I want to do!! She has been through a lot of training, and has become even more aware of things that will be a problem for the turtles....anything that could stop or trap turtles.... we continue to clear out trash and any toys/clothes etc people leave behind....one of our biggest complaints are holes, castles, anything left that could be a problem for the turtles progress....check out this 'hut' we found on Bowman's beach....

...though pretty cool, one would hope that it is leveled off before the turtles arrive! It could really be a problem for the Adult turtles, then the babies when it their time to head out to the Gulf!

I almost missed the sunset! So busy walking and talking, I forgot to look up!! I did manage to catch a tiny little piece as it disappeared on the horizon!
Then in a blink of an eye, it's gone!
The color transfers to the sky and all the surrounding clouds....how beautiful!
We continue our walk until well after dark, when we decided to head back in...was when the Ghost crabs came out!
Every size you could imagine! I don't know how many we saw...started counting later in the walk and counted 18....must of been 30 or more before that!! So fun!!
Some would FREEZE in their spot, let us snap their picture....
Cheri took this great one!
Many of them would panic and run right into the Gulf! 
 They are Soooo Fast!!
See the Flash as he bolts to get away?.....

We were excited to find a Lightning Whelk Egg casing! Since last years red tide hit here so hard, we have seen very little in the way of live shells or these casings 
....if you look really closely, you can see that the shells are still in this one....
here's hoping they will stay our in the gulf and hatch the next generation!

I have a few more days for therapy...time is passing quickly!

I did get my Wreath repaired and re-hung....hopefully it will stay this time!
I decided to add a little bit of bling....so I made these flowers and added a few....just to make it interesting....


So stay tuned....hopefully I'll have some more great adventures to share!

::Hugs::




No comments:

Post a Comment