Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Slim Pickins


Sorry I haven't posted in some time, really not much to post....I have walked the beaches from the Lighthouse up past Tarbon Bay Rd in the last 6 days....tonight and tomorrow night I will walk the rest, Bowman's and Blindpass! Then Turner, which is on Captiva....I watched this thunderstorm pretty closely, and believe it or not, it split in two and went away before it came on shore! 
These are some of the finds along this walk....there was very little in the 'middle' of the island, along Middle Gulf Road..... I did find this pretty little Lace Murex....
I did find quite a few Olives.....

...And a couple of Shark's Eye....

That was about it from Middle Gulf.....

Last night at Tarpon Bay was better....quite a few minis...here are a few....

From Left: Fighting Conch, Bubble, Worm Shell, Nutmeg, Scallop & a few more Fighters!
I did find what I believe to be a Knobless Fighting Conch....


There was also a lot more 'life' up at Tarbon Bay ..... 
I saw several Live Sand Dollars....much smaller than this, this one was Huge!



Live Lightning Whelk....

and several Live King's Crown.....

This BEAUTIFUL Ribbed Cantharus had a hermit....so back he went!

I scooped up this awesome little crab in my net....looks like someone painted him with a marker....hit the books, couldn't find out what type he is! (Sorry, the picture is out of focus....he's tiny!


On the way back, I spotted this guy on the beach....very unusual to me....I believe it is a Streaked Sphinx Moth!
All kinds of amazing things here!

This is six days of low tide shelling....not great, but as I always say, the therapy is wonderful!
Stay tuned! 

::Shelllady Hugs::

1 comment:

  1. I always believe that some is better than none, when talking about shell collecting! Thanks for sharing your finds!

    ReplyDelete