Shelllady

Shelllady

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy 2018!

I hope you had a safe and fun New Year's eve, Hubby and I don't usually stay awake until 'the ball drops', tho' I did last night, just barely.  There were huge fireworks displays all around us! We could watch them from our bedroom window!

The other Cheri had plans to go Birding this morning, so I went shelling solo. I got out before the negative low tide....kind of wishing I had gone out a little earlier!....

There was less live stuff out there this time...

A Sea Anemone...
a live Pear Whelk, which I had not seen yet this trip, I actually saw 3 of these guys today...
Of course Live Lightning Whelks....
This Calico Crab seemed much more comfortable than the one we found yesterday....
And I believe a small Brown Spiny sea star...
The tide was nice and low, and the shells were buried in the sand, I love shelling this way, but it is so easy to miss something....see this?  Yep a piece of a Junonia!
I'm surprised that I took a picture first, I usually get too excited....imagine my excitement when this piece turned into this!
It is a bit beat up....a 'beater' we call them, but all I had up until now was small pieces!! So I was VERY pleased! So he went carefully into my bag!!! He was huge! WoooHooo!!! ;D

A couple of steps to the left, and here was this guy!

A perfect Alphabet Cone! I have not had much luck finding these lately, and this one was nice! Okay, so my New Years turned out perfectly, even if I don't find anything else! Ok, .....have to calm down and look thoroughly!!!

Next was a pretty Gaudy Nautica....
 then a Nutmeg....I found several of these today...


A Nice Pear Whelk....prettier then that live one!
A tiny perfect Lace Murex...
and a piece of a Helmet shell...a whole one of these is on my bucket list too!
I found many pieces of true tulips this morning, but finally found a whole tiny one...in a beautiful Orange color...
The sun started to come up, and with it, the tide....

When that happened, the Gulf covered up my shelling spot....I should have gone earlier, it was such fun while it lasted!! I decided to walk along the high tide line and see what surprises were there...
Lots of folks were celebrating 2018 with sand art....


If you look closely that last picture is supposed to say 'Happy' on the bottom side the tide came up just to that point and messed it up! 

I would say this day was a great success!


I had a great New Years Day, what a way to start!! I hope you and yours did also! Stay tuned for more adventures from paradise!

::Shelllady Hugs::






2 comments: