Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Just a Morning Walk!

I got to the beach this morning at Sunrise....and the Gulf was very rough!

 Pictures never do it justice, believe me, it was very windy and quite rough, there was even seafoam!
 It's difficult to tell, but apparently the rough water went on all night and created quite a shelf on the beach.
 I knew right away that this wasn't going to be a shelling day, but a looking around and just enjoying the beach day.  So I did just that, making up for yesterday, I just looked at all that I could see, and had a nice LONG walk!



I saw two ''false" crawls. (Turtles came out of the gulf, and turned around and went back without laying eggs.) I watched the 'turtle cart' ladies come and check it out to verify that there wasn't a nest.

Lots of Snowy Plover running around, feeding in the surf....very difficult to catch them with the camera, they are so tiny and move soooo fast!
I even sat down and just stared out into the Gulf for a few minutes....just taking it all in!


I did bring along a ziplock to collect random scoops of mini shells from various shell piles, guess you could call them 'craft shells!
I couldn't resist!! :)


I hope you enjoyed YOUR day today....stay tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::

No comments:

Post a Comment