Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Spring (Shell) Fever!

We finally have had a couple of absolutely glorious days here, warm AND sunny! I am so tired of the cold, and was looking for any excuse to go outside and work on anything. I think I definitely have got spring fever!

These beauties managed to escape the frosts and made it through and are proudly showing their colors in my front gardens where I am sanding and painting porch rails and scrubbing siding....anything to be outside!          




On one of my trips to Walmart for supplies, I ran across this doormat and couldn't resist! I thought it would look nice on my new freshly painted porch. 

 Yesterday, I quit working a little early and got a bit of Shell fever and decided I would make a wreath for the front door, it's been in the back of my mind for forever, and might look nice after I finish painting the front door.  I certainly need practice making flowers out of shells, but so enjoyed it!
Coquina, kitten paws, and scallop flowers....
Bubble flowers too!
Here is the final wreath....







well I think it's final, debating about possibly adding a few more flowers and maybe a bow....

What do you think?...am I done?

::Shelllady Hugs::





3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. You are so talented with those shells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, I am very pleased....I wanta make some more!!! I'm definitely hooked and it's great therapy if I can't be on the beach!!

      Delete
  2. Love the wreath! I do think a burlap bow would look good.

    ReplyDelete