Shelllady

Shelllady

Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Birthday Week....Trip #1 to Our Paradise Home!

Our life has been so very busy these last few weeks between work, caregiving, life and of course Hokie football and tailgating.  Hubby and I decided to take a break to breathe a little and left home yesterday (My Birthday!) and headed south for some much needed R&R.  We arrived in Ft. Myers today around 2:00 just in time to watch the second half of the Carolina/Virginia Tech game. Our Hokies beat Carolina 34 to 17!! Go Hokies!!!

After a quick dinner of pizza, I headed on over to Sanibel Lighthouse to begin my much needed beach therapy!



The first thing I saw walking across the walking bridge from the parking lot to the beach was a dolphin come completely out of the water and crash back in!! He did it twice, and of course I wasn't prepared with my camera!  I stood there ready to see it again for several minutes, posed, ready to snap the ultimate pic...but no luck, I did get another one near the shore who was obviously feeding!
He did it 2 more times after this, and I wasn't able to catch it!! It was so nice to be greeted with such a show....too bad I couldn't catch it on film and share it with you all!! My therapy had already begun! I also saw my familiar Ibis buddies, slowly working their way in front of me along the shoreline...
I only stayed for a little over an hour, but it was so nice and peaceful....there were lots of shells, and I picked up a few minis....therapy continued!

Though it was pretty cloudy, the sunset managed to show me some color on my way home.....I love it here!!!
Stay tuned!! The therapy will continue tomorrow!!

::Hugs::

Cheri

4 comments:

  1. Love your pics! Enjoy your birthday week in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moira!! I really am looking forward to my few days in paradise!!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday and I'm so glad you're enjoying it at the beach. Can't wait to see what you find this week.

    ReplyDelete