Shelllady

Shelllady

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Aunt Jan's Birthday!!

Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend. ~Author Unknown


Today is my Mom's youngest Sister, Jan's Birthday!! We are privileged enough to have her here with us today to help her celebrate.  She flew here to see us from her beautiful home in Colorado Springs, Colorado last Tuesday!! Hopefully we can make her feel very special on her special day! I was fortunate enough to get a lot of her physical traits, specifically the nose :) The choices I had in the family of noses was not good....but my daughter Jess and I got my Aunt Jan's nose! Nothing special, just a normal nose! 

Jan is a very special person to me and has been so supportive, especially lately.  She has always been there at the other end of the phone whenever I needed her....either to just work as a place to vent or to help with decisions and offer advice. I don't know what I would do without her to talk to! Thank You so much Aunt Jan you are one special lady, and especially special to me!!


Jan's Wedding....I'm the flower girl!!!! My Mom is next to her on the right!!

Here we are at Easter!! (Yep, the little one is me!)
Aunt Jan is standing, Her mother, my grandmother on the couch, and I'm on the right!
Aunt Jan at my Mother's Wedding (Far left) My mom is the bride (Jacquie), Their Mom beside her and their oldest sister Bette Jo on the right
Aunt Jan and My Mom on the Chesapeake bay! (a few years ago!)
My Grandfather (Their Dad) with Jan, My Mom, and Kay their other older sister
Jan (Center) with her parents (My Grandparents) in front of one of their beautiful gardens in Wichita Kansas
Jan's Bridal picture

From Left: My Grandfather, Jan, Their brother Hal, My Grandmother and My Mom

My Dad, Grandfather, Jan and Grandmother
The Thinker Jan
Sisters! My Mom, Kay, and Jan taken just 2 days before Jess' wedding
Jan a couple of years ago! :)
My Mom, Jan, and Sister Kay through the vase!
Jan in Colorado, who knew she would be living there one day!?
Lee, Jan's Bestest friend, Jan, My Mom and Me on a trip to Maine
My Mother in law, Ruth; My Mom, Jacquie; Kay and Jan at Jess' Bridal Shower
Jan and Hal at MY Wedding!



Jan, Me and Mom (Jacquie) in Maine

All the Kids, we all Love this picture!  From Left: Bette Jo, Jan, Hal, Kay and Jacquie in my Grandmother's pink house!!


I Love You Aunt Jan, Happy Happy Birthday!!

::Hugs::

Cheri

1 comment: