Shelllady

Shelllady

Friday, October 22, 2021

Finally.... Back to Paradise!

I've finally returned to my paradise here in SW Florida!! This has to be a record for me, I've been gone 8 months!! I won't go into a lot of detail, but thought I should let you know that I've been helping take care of my Mom who has Alzheimers & COPd. The last few months have been rough for her ....and me. She passed away on September 25, so needing beach therapy is an understatement! Long beach walks are a necessity while I learn what life is going to be from here on out, so I'm tightening up my boot straps and going to give it a go! 

I've been here a little over a week, and have been walking the beaches, but have been kind of melancholy...., the tides haven't been very good and there haven't been any shells!! But there have been some beautiful sunrises of course!



I decided to head all the way to the other end of Sanibel, on to Captiva to check out the new beach renourishment....Though I couldn't see the sun rise, I could see a little of the color!


They have added quite a bit of sand along the beach, as far down as I could see!!



There wasn't an abundance of shells, but the water was beautiful....


I think this great Blue Heron thought so too!! He was busy fishing....


There were tons of Ceriths....


and Kittens paws!


It was a nice leisurely walk....I saw Lots of minis and small pieces of tiny coral....and I noticed a nice sized baby's ear, tiny perfect colorful scallops and a bittersweet!


more minis, coral and another Baby's ear....


and ANOTHER Baby's ear!!!

I was hoping to find some Flats...(ZigZag Scallops), I did find a nice sized broken piece...


The find of the day for me was this PERFECT Small Speckled Tellin!!!

I filled my pockets up with bits of tiny coral, tiny perfect scallops, a few Ceriths for a craft project and was happily heading back to the car, and a wave came up and dropped this beauty right in front of me!!! 


yep, a Scotch Bonnet!! Not perfect, but I kept it anyway!!



I thought this was interesting....it's called an Auger, and half of it is worn away....how appropriate??!


Not a bad day.....


The tiny shell in front of the Baby's ear is a Shiva Shell...it's the operculum from a Turban shell, they are not readily found around here!


I had a wonderful walk....I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, gotta get used to this....so I'll have to do it again!! :)

Stay tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::







9 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back. I'm so sorry about your mom. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim….she’s finally at peace! ❤️‍๐Ÿฉน

      Delete
  2. The beach is always great therapy. I walk it most everyday. Stay the course Cheri. Healing is a process๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿš๐Ÿ’™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s the plan Jolene…one day at a time…one step at a time!

      Delete
  3. I am excited to return also and see you! Can't wait to have some adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Scotch Bonnet and Flats are on my list, I never have found either on Fort Myers Beach, looks like I need to find them on Sanibel.

    ReplyDelete