Shelllady

Shelllady

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Beach Therapy...Being the Cone!

I finally am back home in our favorite place! We arrived yesterday and Team Cheri got out bright ...or should I say early this morning for some much needed Beach Therapy!! The beaches, at least, Bowman's and Blind Pass beaches on Sanibel have changed so much since I was last here.  They had a few winter storms that have turned up some amazing treasures! I just had to get down here and try my luck!! Hubby bought me a new water camera, so bear with me through the growing pains of learning to use it .....in the dark!!

Cheri and I walked for a bit this morning before we saw anything  extara special....there were lots of shells, the standards..like Arks, Scallops, Cockles etc....and look what I saw peeking out of the sand in the tidal pool!!
SCORE!!! I finally found that Alphie (Alphabet Cone) I have been searching for!!
Ok...now the rest is just pure therapy.....the weather is amazing....I've been in cold rain in Virginia forever! It was just a bit cool this morning....65, warming up to the lower 80s!! Who can't feel better in those conditions!

We were watching the sun slowly rising...and ran across an area where the water slowly lapped onto the beach, you've got the picture, walking ankle deep just a slow mosey.....Cheri looked down and saw this AMAZING Flat!!
Then she noticed another Alphie....slowly drifting along....
I looked down and saw 2 more.... all together!!! All about the same size....
Before we were done...in a very short distance, we had 11 Alphies!!! Talk about fun!!!

I also found a few Shark's eyes....
a double Jewelbox....
Cheri picked up a big Horse Conch....
which she tossed back into the Gulf....and a nice Lightning Whelk, which I grabbed before she threw back! ;)
I found a few Olives with a perfect tip
and we both found a few Banded tulips and Nutmegs of different sizes...
We continued down the beach, just chatting and enjoying this beautiful morning....
I did find a piece of a Junonia.... (sorry about the focus!)
Here are a few of both our favorites from this morning....
and a better picture of Cheri's amazing Flat Scallop!
So my first day back was a huge success....and gave me lots of needed therapy....I can't wait to get back out there!! 

Stay tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::

No comments:

Post a Comment