Shelllady

Shelllady

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Golden First Day Back!

I hope you all had the Merriest of Christmases with your families! Hubby and I managed to squeeze in a quick trip to our favorite place, our home in Ft. Myers. It seems the whole world had the same idea and headed down I95 south, so the first day was mainly avoided the traffic clogged interstates. We made it, in good time, so now it's time for some Beach Therapy!

I couldn't let this morning pass without at least trying the shelling on Sanibel. The weather has cooled off, but it still is so much nicer than up north! I met my best shelling buddy Cheri, and we headed out mid-tide, for a quick early morning stroll....I didn't expect to find much, just needed the therapy!  Cheri started out the morning with a beautiful Golden Olive! Here it is between two Lettered Olives she found... It is perfect!

How awesome is that!
I found a perfect Lady-in-waiting Venus Clam

and a HUGE Calico Scallop....with this Horse Conch Cheri pointed out and saved for me!
She found a Flat....also called a zig zag Scallop, this one will take a little cleaning....
I also found a Gaudy Nautica, these are quickly becoming my favorites with all the intricate coloring....
and I found another one for the books!

If you know what this is I would appreciate the information. After checking several books, I think it is actually a Tampa Tellin....it's the only thing close, it is shaped like a Sailors Ear, but is very smooth on the surface...it's thin and fragile, I will keep this one, and investigate further!

I enjoyed this morning's mini adventure, we will start paying attention to the tides this week since they are going to be Negative lows (really low!) ;) Hopefully we'll have some great adventures to share!

Stay tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::


2 comments:

  1. So glad you are back on Sanibel and posting, Cheri! My husband and I love reading and seeing your photos. Very nice golden olive- I'd love to find one some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your tellin is actually a rose petal tellin...they can be white as well as pink;)

    ReplyDelete