Shelllady

Shelllady

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A Good Mini Day!

We are back home in Ft. Myers! We got here just in time for me to go to my Shellcrafters on Monday. Have I ever mentioned how much we enjoy it here?  The tides aren't real low here, but I decided to head to the lighthouse today for some much needed Beach Therapy. Pretty quickly I noticed that there were lots of shells washed up high on the beach, I first spotted these guys...
see the red circles?
Those are Baby's Ears! They are not readily found....and I ended up with 7 of them!


That right there is what I would call a good day!...
Then I started noticing minis....all over the place, in the water, along the edge of the water and up on the beach...

I kinda wished I had tweezers, there were so many tiny guys, click on the picture to enlarge it and so some cybershelling!


I also found lots of these transparent shells....the picture makes them look sort of Milky, but they are perfectly clear. I have never seen them before. This is definitely going to require a search in my books!

Eyes and Ears.....and a Gaudy Nautica
I came home with my pill bottle full of minis.....another reason to call it a good day...
and 61 Wentletraps of all sizes...
And a nice colorful Rice Olive...I've never seen one like this!
I did find 2 Alphabet cones, both were misses :( Broken and Worn.
The water was a lot greener at the lighthouse today, but you could see the line out a bit where the 'root beer' colored water was lurking....see the line of dark? It's so sad to see, hopefully they will stop soon, and we will get back our beautiful blue-green water.

Stay tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::

5 comments:

  1. Wentletraps ... So many in one trip.Am envious..I love minishells too. I live in Ft Myers and go to Sanibel every month- used to go once a week when I was younger, prior to hurting my back. I LOVE BEACH THERAPY! Keep up this great blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin....I love the wentles too!! Love the search too...GREAT therapy!

      Delete
  2. I know, right Kim?! Unusual to find so many at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think those tiny transparent/milky shells could be baby tellins? the shape seems right...

    ReplyDelete