Shelllady

Shelllady

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Organizing....and more shell therapy.

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.~A.A. Milne

I spent some time this weekend pretending I was at the beach and organizing all of our shells.  I had a lot of them in plastic boxes before but not organized.  I decided to organize them by type and it would make things a lot easier....boy what a job!! It was fine on Friday when it was 70 here, but today when it was 45 it wasn't as easy to pretend I was at the beach!! What a mess....but it is much more organized....believe it or not!!!







I had now idea we had this many alphabet cones!!
I know it looks like a mess, but it is organized chaos!! ....an assembly line of sorts! I would grab a container and walk around the garage and put it in the proper container!!

While I was at it, I was picking one of each, the best colors etc for the wreaths I was going to make for my Mom and Jess.  They both had seen my wreath, (see pics here) and wanted one too!! Which means I get to do a little shell therapy after this!!

My Mom's wreath needs to be a little smaller, as she has a smaller apartment door, so I decided to make her a 12", and Jess another 18" like mine!

Here is my Mom's....I think I went a little overboard and tried to put too much, but she will like it anyway....I hope!!
Jess' wreath looked a little better proportioned I think, I hope she and her hubby Brad will enjoy it!!

I think I could do this for days!! I have another thin wreath that I may just play with later on and put here at our house!! Stay tuned!! I am in shell craft therapy mode now!!

::Hugs::

Cheri

10 comments:

  1. OMG - look at all those shells!!! WOW!

    Love the wreaths - what type of glue do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we have a lot of shells!! Did some 'culling' and got rid of many that weren't in the best shape!! Could probably do it again!!! I use hot glue!!! I have the boo-boo to show for it....glob melted on my finger and when I pulled it off, it took off the skin!!! Ouch!!

      Delete
  2. Love the wreaths..and organizing shells is a pain..even if I skip just one day of shelling..I hate to sort days, weeks, months after the shelling event. Glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually enjoy organizing them, although it is very time consuming....would be much better if it were warm!!

      Delete
  3. Your wreaths are so pretty! Love all of your containers of shells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, wreaths are very pretty and love your organization. One small suggestion…maybe use ribbon that is a little more narrow. Shells would be emphasis then and not ribbon.

    Oh how I wish I was in Sanibel!!! so cold here today

    Jan

    ReplyDelete