Shelllady

Shelllady

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Another Trip....Keewaydin!

The 'Shell Raisers' planned this trip right after our last one to Keewaydin, but unfortunately Jolene couldn't make it as she has had to stay home taking care of her family as a stomach virus has been spreading at her house! We missed her terribly! We did have a fourth come with us, a friend of Cindy's named Diane and I think she had a good time!


It was a beautiful Morning....

That's Cindy closest to me....

We were the first on the island so we had very high expectations! At first glance, the shells seemed pretty plentiful and there were several 'wrack lines' (Thanks Cindy for this pic!)


This was my very first find, and it ended up being one of my favorites of the day! It's a VERY lacy Lace Murex....



Isn't it beautiful? So Delicate!!

Right after that, I started picking up Alphabet Cones....


The first two were what I call Chocolate Cones...much deeper...chocolate colored spots! Jolene (The cone whisperer) was definitely with us...Cindy even said she was going to start calling me Jolene!! 

The next was a little bigger and more the coloring we are used to....
Liz found a small Golden Olive!! I believe this is her third she has found...I've been with her for each one...now it's my turn Liz!! ;)

I found some very colorful True Tulips...
quite a few Worm Shells....this one was a favorite! (sorry it's a bit out of focus, was very bright out there and I couldn't see detail very well!)
and check out the coloring on this Florida Fighting Conch!!! These guys come in all different colors!
Doesn't this look like a picture postcard?? This sailboat was anchored offshore...what a life, huh?!

Liz also found a Flat! We didn't know they were out there so that was a nice surprise!
Lori, another passenger on the boat found one also!!

Cindy found this beautiful Gaudy Nautica

Liz and I decided to stay around the point and shell it really well and Cindy and Diane walked way up the shoreline....
Talk about the Cone Whisperer!!! Check out what Cindy got!!

7 Cones!!! All big 'uns!! She was so happy, it was Awesome!

Diane ended up with 6 herself!! (I missed getting the pick when she got them all out of her shell bag)...but here are 4 of them

she also got this BEAUTIFUL Neon Orange Horse Conch...

I found something really cool....I spent some time looking online and in my books, and the only thing I found that is similar is a yellow tube sponge. It was very dense and so unusual!I have never found anything like it before!
We bid this beautiful Island a fond farewell around Noon, with our shell bags full of treasurers, and happy for another beautiful warm Florida day!
Here are my finds for the day...
Not bad, huh?! I even found a Wentletrap out there!!
Here are Liz's treasures....
So Stay Tuned as the adventures continue! The Shell Raisers are hitting the road again and I will hopefully have new stories to tell!!

::Shelllady Hugs::





1 comment:

  1. Cheri wonderful blog - thank you for taking me on your trip. Sorry I had to miss it! 🥰🌴😎🐚

    ReplyDelete