Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Walk, Swim, Shell....Repeat!

My friend Cheri and I went back out on an adventure today.  The water up on Captiva still looked good, so we decided to head back down the beach and see what special treasures we could find today....and it did not disappoint!

Cheri started out very nicely!!
Orange Scallops, Lace Murex, Bittersweets of all sizes, another Speckled Tellin and a handful of flats!
Pretty quickly, we realized it was going to be a hot day, we decided to head in for a swim to cool off! There were lots of birds, and no one there but us! Heaven on Earth I tell ya!! Out of the water and back on a trek for some more treasures....We each found some pretty nice sized pieces of Lion's Paws....

There were lots of pieces of Flat (Zig Zag) Scallops, but we also found lots of whole ones of various colors, here are a few...




Cheri found a perfect Royal, (or Beaded) Sea Star....it had lost it's color, but was completely intact and dried perfectly!
Time to refresh again, back into the water.....so nice!
I stumbled over this lemon sized piece of coral while I was cooling off....
What's better than shelling? Swimming and Shelling!!!
Back on the shore walking for more treasures....
Cheri found a large piece of a Scotch Bonnet...
And I found this nice Sea Whip with a large Winged Oyster...and another Flat
I found a nice True Tulip in a shell pile,
Along with a Purplish Semele pair, Juvenile Fighting Conch, Nutmeg, Lettered Olive, Flat, Tiny Scallops & another (baby) Purplish Semele, I think I found 4 or 5 of these small Semeles today!

Here is a close up of the Semele Pair....Awesome color on this one!!
Again, getting hot, back in the water!....only to find, a first for me, a Thorny Oyster!! So excited! It will take some work, but I think it will clean up nicely!
and Cheri found this huge piece of a Helmet Shell....

....and nearly half of a Junonia! It would have been so nice for her to have found this one whole, the coloring was really nice, and it was in excellent condition!
the water was really nice in this particular area....like I said, just Heaven!

We had another great adventure, and Great time....Cheri will be here for only one more day, so stay tuned for Tomorrow's adventure!

::Shelllady Hugs::

4 comments:

  1. That all sounds fab!!! I bet the shelling will be great for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not as good as I thought it would be, kind of hit or miss! That's okay though, the therapy is good!! 😉

      Delete