Shelllady

Shelllady

Saturday, January 1, 2022

A New Year...Welcome 2022

We are back in our favorite home.... in Fort Myers! Hopefully sometime this new year, 2022, it will become our only home, but we will just have to see how long it will take us to downsize and make the final move!!

Tides this week are negative lows....way low! Its early in the morning so it will be flashlight shelling for me most of this week....which honestly I love!! Liz and I went out early yesterday, though not early enough to really find anything...I think I found a sharks eye and a nutmeg! I went out solo today and did a little bit better.... tide was lower and I had a little more time before it began to come back in! 

There was a lot of sea life out there this morning....so many different varieties of crabs! Here's just a few! One of my favorites...a Calico Crab


I believe this is called a Spider Crab

and it's really hard to tell what kind of crab this is, maybe a tiny Spider crab?? He was carrying around a blanket of sand and moving right along! 


There were lots of Starfish...or Sea Stars....


So if the one above is a Sea Star....what is this called?? A Sea Plus? Sea Tee?? Sea Cross?? ;)

You might be surprised how often I see these....they typically will grow their legs back, so I assume this is only temporary!

There wasn't a whole lot out there, but as I always say, I enjoy the walk and the 'adventure' so much....and I'm home by breakfast!!

I found a perfect Angel Wing...


...and this guy!! He was really wedged in the sand, I had to dig all the way around him to get him to move, and lifted him out....only his 'knobs' were sticking out!


I tried to give him to a nice couple that happened by, but they were going to fly back home today and couldn't figure out how to pack him up to take home....so we left it on the beach for someone else. I think I saw someone pick it up later....I have a few of these and it didn't have a perfect point, so I decided to let someone else have it this time!!

The moon was amazing this morning, a crescent...just above the horizon, apparently I'm pretty shaky and my Camera is not made for this, but I tried to take a pic.....it turned out pretty cool I think! Kinda like a Star Wars sky!!!



Here's what I came home with this morning...



This was just a Short post to wish all of you a Happy New Year and let you know a little bit about what's going on with us! Again, Happy New Year to you and your families!


Stay Tuned...

::Shellllady Hugs::







4 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog ! Thanks for sharing your early morning walk 🌴😎😃 I was so tempted but slept late up too late last night 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne!! i wasn't a party animal last night!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Sure am missing shelling. Be back in 2 1/2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't found much...yet!! cant resist the -1.4 tide though!!

    ReplyDelete