Here I am posting AGAIN! Maybe I can make this a habit! Another mid-morning low tide allowing for a nice therapeutic beach stroll! It was a beautiful day, a bit cloudy with a nice breeze....
I'm not sure what the black cloud is from in the first pictures but it went away pretty quickly!
At first I just walked, glancing around to see the shells, not much there, but on such a beautiful morning, who cares! I did notice Broken shells, (which we use all the time at Sanibel Shellcrafters) and butterfly coquina. I call them butterfly because they are open, both shells still attached but empty. We need those too! So today is going to be supplies for crafters! That's okay with me!
So after I walked down the beach to where I wanted to, I turned around and starting picking up broken, but beautiful shells, while I was bent over (called the Sanibel Stoop in these parts) I figured, why not pick up the coquina too?! At my age, once you get in that position, get all you can while you're down there! 😂
I did use my scoop some, but it was almost easier to just go for it and bend down where I could see so much better!
Before I knew it, I had nearly filled my shell bag!!! Many of the Shellcrafters will be happy to have some new pieces to choose from for their projects!
We have made Wreaths, shell trees, all sorts of things with broken shells, they are actually beautiful and add a lot of interest to our projects!
There is always something amazing to see at the beach....and it's ALWAYS therapeutic for me!!
Stay tuned I'm hoping to make this a habit!! 😀
No comments:
Post a Comment