Shelllady

Shelllady

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween!

I know, I know, I go from one extreme to the other....no posts then 2 a day apart!! Obviously my blog is driven by activity and I had some fun yesterday and wanted to share!

I told you that we had a storm on Friday so I headed out twice yesterday to see what I might find....once in the morning, just after High tide....of course I found Dosinia galore! along with Cockles and many Angel wings!



Nice big Angel Wings too! I just did a photo op with this one and left him for someone else to enjoy....


I found this really cool long spined Sea Urchin, and put him back into the Gulf as he was still alive....

I grabbed a bunch of Dosinia (for painting) and these guys and headed back home with plans to return to another beach at low tide, later this afternoon....

2 pear Whelks a Gaudy Nautica and a Perfect Mahogany colored True Tulip!

The surf was rolling when I came back a couple hours before low tide....believe it or not this guy was tossed onto the beach by a pretty impressive wave right in front of me! A perfect Pony sized Horse Conch! One of my favorites and favorite size!!!

It should clean up nicely!!!

Pretty quickly I stumbled upon an area where there were buried shells....one of my favorite ways to shell, trouble is, it was in the wash of the waves so very difficult to get a picture of.....but I tried....


The waves wash the sand away and there are all kinds of treasures to be found! There were at least a dozen live Lightning Whelks....this one had gotten completely uncovered so I carried him further out and buried him to keep him safe....What a beauty, right?!




Several folks were walking around with these and large Horse Conchs that they had found that were empty...I did find a nice one or two myself!

And you know me and the Shark's eyes....can't resist them!! ...


I got all excited when I saw another pony....but alas, he was live....don't you just love the orange body inside??


If you collect Fighting Conchs or Apple Murex, this was the place for you! I even kept a couple Apple Murex, because they were very lacy!


Can you guess what this is??? 



Underneath that rough exterior is a beautiful Horse Conch....wait until you see him all cleaned up!! It may take a little elbow grease, but I'm up to the task!!

 

It was a lot of fun, though the tide chased me away before I was ready!!! 
Another day maybe!!


I won't be able to go out tonight as I'm handing out candy and shells on a Drive through Trick or Treat at the Community House! That will be fun too!!! 


Enjoy you're Halloween and Stay Tuned!!

::Shelllady Hugs::

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I am counting the days . . . 48 until I am searching for those beautiful shells. Love the horse (pony) conch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog posts! Wish I was on the walk with you! Soon I hope🥰😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just commenting to let you know of the perfect experience my wife's princess encountered studying your web site. She picked up numerous details, most notably what it's like to have an ideal helping character to have many more very easily gain knowledge of selected advanced subject matter. You undoubtedly exceeded our own expectations. Thanks for offering such effective, healthy, explanatory and in addition fun thoughts on this topic to Gloria.

    Must Read: German shepherd husky mix

    ReplyDelete