Shelllady

Shelllady

Friday, November 9, 2018

A 'Mini' Adventure!

I'm back down in paradise! Arrived just before Hubby and my 21st Anniversary! Can't think of a better place to celebrate than Florida, can you?! This trip won't be real long as we have to head back for Thanksgiving, but I'm gonna make the most of it!! 

Today was my first shelling day and I got to meet a new friend, Tina! She is a friend of a couple of friends, and I have to say, she is so fun! She wanted the Wentletrap Whisperer, Cheri to give her lessons on Wentling....so I tagged along! What fun!
Cheri started out with her 'circles' draws a circle in the sand and says...there's one or two in this circle.....it really helps finding them as they lay, so you can sharpen your sights!

If you look closely in this pic, there are three intersecting circles here!
and it worked!

Pretty soon, Tina was finding them! There weren't very many today, we walked all the way around the point and on down toward Colony....
I saw this guy and thought it was a Maculated Baby's Ear!!.... 

Which is a Baby's ear with a higher spiral and Brown smudges....but Alas....it was just a Slipper!!
I know I've said it before, but I really don't like Slippers....they continue to trick me into thinking it's something else!!!

I did find a Baby's Ear though.....
...and gave it to Tina as a 'friend' shell....You can't refuse a friend shell!! It's a rule! ;)

I also found a piece of a Junonia.... 


 The water was super clear and a LOT Less Brown than it has been the last few months!...and I found life!!!

Sea Stars..... like these Thorny Starfish....


I believe this is a Lined Sea Star hiding just under the sand.... 
and one area where we walked there were hundreds of live Coquina!!
...and a few 'plate sized' Jellies!...I believe this is called a 'Moon Jelly'
I did find a Brown-Banded Wentletrap....not perfect, but he came home with me anyway!
and the last thing I found was this Wentletrap...a nice sized...perfect one! SCORE!

I came home with quite a collection of Minis.....!!
A few Wentletraps.... a tiny Keyhole Limpet....worm shells, a tiny Apple Murex...a couple of tiny Sparse Dove shells, and two Waxy Polygyra (far right)
A Sanibel Turret, Tiny Dwarf Olives of all kinds of colors....
A few small Lettered Olives and the tiniest one I've seen....(on the dime)
A pair of tiny King's Crowns, Gaudy Nautica, and a Dusty Cone!
We had a great time, and I made a new Shelling Friend!! 

Cheri, Cheri and Tina!!!! Safe Travels Tina!
Stay Tuned!

::Shelllady Hugs::

5 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of shells. Hows the weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is FANTASTIC Kim, I love it this time of year! Low humidity and awesome!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cheri!! I'm with you on slipper shells, lol. They make us do double work. :D Thanks for the updates and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, need help identifying a shell, do you think you can help?

    ReplyDelete