Shelllady

Shelllady

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sand Dollar Sunday and Happy Birthday to My Hubby

It has been pretty hectic since our trip to Florida, so I have been a little remiss on posting our trip updates, please bear with me. 

First I want to do a shout out today for my Hubby. TODAY is his BIRTHDAY!

Happy, Happy Birthday to my WONDERFUL Hubby!

Now, turn the clock back to Sunday the 18th of October, only our second opportunity to go shelling this trip. 

Sunday the sand dollars continued to come in. I had seen this before, but they had been all very small ones, this time it was all sizes! So Sad.

 


I did find a few that were no longer alive.



 Although the tides weren't very low, the shelling was pretty good!!
 Hubby's finds...
He got a beautiful Alphabet Cone and a very colorful pear whelk



 My finds....love the mini's!
Look at the variety in the lightning whelks, very similar in size but so different in colors! I would guess that the difference is the time they were empty, the darker the color, the most recently empty. Wouldn't you agree?
After shelling, I decided to go shopping at some of my favorite Florida stores, and, as usual, found some things I couldn't do without! :)  Check out these awesome dishes that will compliment my White Shell pottery beautifully!!





I just couldn't resist!!

I also started another project this week while I was making phone calls, and waiting for contractors....here is a little 'sneak peek'






What do you think?

::Hugs::

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your hubby!! Great shell finds! Love the colors on the alphie and pear whelk. About the lightning whelks: I've been told by reliable sources that the light colored whelks are female and the dark ones are male.
    Luvluvluv your cabinets! I can't wait to see them all finished up!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Moira! I have never heard that about the lightning whelks but it makes sense! Awesome information!!

      Delete
  2. Ooohhh that looks good. Love that octopus.

    Happy birthday to your husband. Love his alphabet cone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! The alphabet cones have been very scarce lately, we were very pleased to see one for a change!

      Delete